ayttm-users

Re: [Ayttm-users] hello there, updating msn nicks

From: Colin Leroy
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-users] hello there, updating msn nicks
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 18:51:24 +0100

On 20 Feb 2003 at 22h16, Rahul Saxena wrote:

Hi,

> ayttm works very fine  for me so a big thank you to everyone for working
> on it.

thanks !

> There are two thing though..( not much really )
>
> the logs directory maintains a log for every nick rather than the
> mail-id so there are a whole bunch of logs for a single person.

that's because a single contact may have more than one account (msn,
yahoo, aol etc), so logs are contact-oriented rather than
account-oriented.

> and second thing,  the msn nicknames dont get updated when somone
> changes then. I have to delete them and then they appear later as their
> updated nicks.

That's for the same reason: if MSN and other modules renamed contacts each
time they change their nick, it would get messy quite soon ;-)
It is planned to a context-menu item to force such refresh, but it won't
be done automatically.

Cheers,
--
Colin