ayttm-users

Re: [Ayttm-users] Compliance with FHS

From: Colin Leroy
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-users] Compliance with FHS
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:38:14 +0100

On 25 Mar 2003 at 21h44, Ben Reser wrote:

Hi,

> Before we release 0.2.3 can we place make ayttm compliant with the FHS?
> Per the FHS /usr/share is for Architecture-independent data... meaning
> it is the incorrect place to place loadable modules:
> http://www.pathname.com/fhs/2.2/fhs-4.11.html
>
> Rather applications that have architecture independent data that is only
> used by it should create a single subdirectory under /usr/lib:

I'm personnaly not against it but would like to know what other
developers, and current users, think about it:

Does anyone mind changing his prefs ?

People upgrading for 0.2.2 to 0.2.3 without reading the release notes will
get nice segfaults, too, but I guess people not reading doc ask for it ;-)

--
Colin
Random BOFH excuse: