cfengine-develop

Re: [Cfengine-develop] Re: Homework

From: Andrew Stribblehill
Subject: Re: [Cfengine-develop] Re: Homework
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 15:00:02 +0000

Quoting Andrews, Martin <address@hidden> (2003-03-06 02:22:16 GMT):
> Fair enough - I agree that having a function around a quoted string to stop
> interpolation is not intuitive. A different delimiter seems best. While
> single quotes would be natural here they currently allow interpolation.
> Unless we are planning major syntax breakage anyway I would not change the
> behavior of single quotes. Using a different delimiter seems best - maybe
> """no interpolation""" (another pythonisms - though python uses it
> differently).

I think that we're working towards severe enough changes that
interpolation of '' strings isn't going to be a major issue. Stop me
right there if this isn't the case, Mark ;)

However, are we all agreed that strings should always be quoted
somehow? That's a bigger difference, to my mind, since it affects
things like signal=kill.

--
HEBRIDES BAILEY
WEST OR SOUTHWEST BECOMING CYCLONIC 6 TO GALE 8. SHOWERS THEN RAIN.