cfengine-develop

[Cfengine-develop] Patch for supporting lists in variable/function assig

From: Luke A. Kanies
Subject: [Cfengine-develop] Patch for supporting lists in variable/function assignments
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 23:06:41 -0600 (CST)

I've written up a quick patch to item.c and install.c.  They do two
things:  Create an 'AppendItems' function which just wraps AppendItem, and
then replaced most of the calls to AppendItem within install.c to calls to
AppendItems.  I didn't replace all of them, because it didn't seem to make
sense for some of them.

The patch I'm including only splits items into lists based on having
spaces or commas in them, but it could be changed into just about
anything.

I think this patch is a good idea at least for now, because it adds some
significant extra functionality without adding much in the way of
complexity.  Please let me know if you have any questions about the patch.
Oh, and this is a patch to 2.1.0p1.

Luke

--
We either are networking, or we areNT networking...