cfengine-develop

[Cfengine-develop] error from using AllowConnectionsFrom/ExecResult

From: Luke A. Kanies
Subject: [Cfengine-develop] error from using AllowConnectionsFrom/ExecResult
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:40:28 -0600 (CST)

Hi Mark,

Just so you have it, here is the error I get when I use ExecResult to
collect multiple IP addresses for AllowConnectionsFrom:

Address family was 0
cfservd:/var/cfengine/inputs/cfservd.conf:Software failure in
sockaddr_ntop

At that point, cfservd exits.  So even if you don't plan on supporting my
patch, you should at least add checks here to verify you're dealing with
valid IP addresses; it looks like the current checks only occur if
functions aren't used, so the use of functions completely bypasses any
validity checking.  This also appears to be the case with other variable
settings, e.g., my previously mentioned ability to use AddClasses and
ExecResult to create classes which have spaces in them.

Luke

--
Your civilization has built the Internet.(+2sci) This obsoletes the
Hollywood wonder.(+1hap) --Odinson