[Chicken-hackers] Re: [Chicken-users] alloca on MinGW

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] Re: [Chicken-users] alloca on MinGW
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:20:42 +0200

On 9/22/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> felix winkelmann wrote:
>>

>> (Oh boy, does your system have alloca.h? Cmake should detect that).
>
> It does, but maybe the test isn't beefy enough.  I'll look at it.

MinGW doesn't have alloca.h.  CMake was detecting that just fine, and
defining HAVE_ALLOCA_H correctly in chicken-config.h.

CMake wasn't defining HAVE_ALLOCA.  I wrote a test for it.  It should
probe alloca.h and malloc.h.

The HAVE_ALLOCA test doesn't seem to be working on MinGW.  That is,
MinGW appears to define alloca() in malloc.h.  But, NO_OLDNAMES has to
be undefined; uncertain whether it is or not.  I took the easy way out
and added a MinGW-specific #include <malloc.h> to chicken.h.  This gets
rid of the warnings about implicit declaration of alloca.

Very good.

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp