Re: CHICKEN 6 + R7RS

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: CHICKEN 6 + R7RS
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 10:46:58 -0400

Sorry, yes, I meant `module`. I've been thinking about R6RS so much that for a moment I lost track of what Chicken's conventions are.

I would point to rename-on-export.  Chicken doesn't support this, and neither does the R7RS-egg.  Most of the time, Scheme programmers do fine without it, but when it's needed, it's important for it to be there, notably when you are trying to write your own base library.

On Sat, Sep 30, 2023 at 5:20 AM <felix.winkelmann@bevuta.com> wrote:
> Yes, that's what I mean.  It would be fine if foo/bar.sld and foo.bar.scm
> would accept either `library` or `define-library`.

You mean "module" or "define-library", I guess? One could make the
latter available by default. Depending on how we decide on default
semantics for syntax-rules, there might be nothing else to do.