Re: Override linkage in chicken-install

From: Pietro Cerutti
Subject: Re: Override linkage in chicken-install
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 10:37:40 +0000

I clarified a couple of things on IRC (thanks Felix) and I am going to drop this proposal.

Basically, building a module with static linkage only will prevent other modules from import-for-syntax’ing it.

I didn’t realize that using a module A’s definitions in a dependent module B’s macros would require the whole module A to be loaded, as opposed to - as I thought - only loading its import lib.

Too bad :)

--
Pietro Cerutti
I've pledged to give 10% of income to effective charities and invite you to join me.