Re: [circle] Win32 Compatibility

From: thomasV
Subject: Re: [circle] Win32 Compatibility
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 17:30:21 +0100

Asheesh Laroia wrote:

I would think that if TCP moves the file transfer socket control mostly to
the operating system that it would offload Circle's responsibility to
time, resend, etc. its UDP file-transfer packets.  That's why I'd suggest
we move to TCP first and see if off-loading responsibility would help.

that makes sense...

btw, it would be informative if you could describe better
what is happening with file transfers under windows.
Are they totally blocked (no bytes transmitted at all),
or are they extremely slow, but still existing?

Since Circle does not transfer files at all on Windows right now, would it
be possible to get an idea of when this TCP version would be ready for
some testing?  I'm still very eager to deploy Circle here, as I must have
mentioned earlier.

I can try to do TCP transfers relatively quiclky,
if that is what prevents you from using circle...

However, as I already mentioned, I do not use Windows,
so I cannot ensure that your bug will be fixed. If you want
to be sure that it works for you, the best thing to do is to
give me a help at writing this... :-)

Thomas