Re: [circle] Voting on p2p

From: Nathan Hurst
Subject: Re: [circle] Voting on p2p
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 19:03:44 +1000

address@hidden wrote:

Jiri:

One issue is security: how do you prevent one person
from artificially increasing the ranking of their files?
Indeed, that seems to be the hardest problem right now...

If we can't think of anything better, one possibility would be to simply ignore this problem for now, and see what happens. Circle is vulnerable to
intelligent attackers anyway...

as long as there is no financial reward associated
with the ranking, I guess nobody would care trying to cheat, indeed

No. People like to cheat just for fun. Look at things like outlook viruses and the kids who break into websites.

njh