Re: [circle] Voting on p2p

From: darkblood
Subject: Re: [circle] Voting on p2p
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 08:25:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Jiri Baum wrote:

> Nathan:
> > No.  People like to cheat just for fun.  Look at things like outlook
> > viruses and the kids who break into websites.
>
> I'm a bit more optimistic than that - wikis seem to work, at least... In any
> case, it should be relatively resistant against dumb attacks.

Actually, wikis are starting to fray at the edges.  The TCL wiki has some
drug companies posting ads with misleading titles... What idiots buy drugs
from people that deliberately mislead them?  I must find these idiots and
bury them for the improvement of the species.  They started out stupid and
are now wandering around under the influence of Tsathoggua knows what in
the belief that it'll make them more virile.  Even if it somehow does
(perhaps the placebo effect lends them completely undeserved
confidence?) they must not be allowed to breed.

-- Pierre