[circle] XML

From: thomasV1
Subject: [circle] XML
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 22:57:40 +0200 (MEST)

I made a few releases (bugfixes) in the last few days.
Thanks to the automated bug reports (big brother is
watching you), the cycle of releases and patches has
accelerated. The current version is 0.40e

For the future (i.e. 0.41), I would like to redefine
the way chat commands work, using a XML-like markup
language.

There will be a parser that converts strings into chat
fields. Here is an example of a string in this language:

"hey, click <file ref="circle-file:xyxyxyxyx"> here </file>
if you want to listen to my music"

When this string is parsed, and a clickable field will
be displayed. The idea is that all chat commands should
generate XML strings like the above. That way, it will
be much simpler to write new commands.

(see xmlterm.org for a very similar idea)

--
NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL
Ab sofort DSL-Tarif ohne Grundgebühr: http://www.gmx.net/dsl