Re: [circle] GPL Violatin - no I wont

From: Jiri Baum
Subject: Re: [circle] GPL Violatin - no I wont
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:24:22 +1100

Hello,

David Irvine:
> 1: Everyone is a p2p client or server (attached direct or through a
> firewall), whatever that's called leaf node or whatever. Basically if
> your directly connected I want others behind firewall to connect through
> you or vice versa.

You will have to deal with (a) NAT and (b) firewalls. Both of these are
difficult, and both of them are a problem for Circle.

> 3: Everything is anonymous - or at least mostly !!

Circle is not anonymous at all - everyone knows everybody else's IP address.

If you want Freenet, you know where to look for it.

Speaking of Freenet, what would your system do that others don't do already?
Why will anyone use yours, rather than Freenet, or eDonkey, or whatever?

> After I have paid my debts and made a small profit (to allow me to live for
> a bit longer) then the system will change license.

Not with my code you won't.

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <address@hidden>                   http://www.baum.com.au/~jiri