Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Future functionality questions...

From: Tim Uckun
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Future functionality questions...
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 15:58:35 -0700

I imagine that "the right way" and/or super-idealistic solution would be
to rewrite all the database calls as a consolidated PHP library and then
modify all the pages to use them.

It's not like there are a lack of database abstraction libraries. PEAR has one and then there are ADODB and Metabase. I happen to like ADODB but I know metabase has it's adherents too. I am still puzzled as to why PEAR went along and wrote another one but that's water under the bridge.

I don't have the horse-power to do this myself, just looking for
opinions on what would be the ideal approach.

Maybe some day I'll get around to it. I would like to make it portable as possible.

:wq
Tim Uckun
US Investigations Services/Due Diligence
 http://www.diligence.com/