Re: [Debian-sf-devel] LDAP problem

From: Tim Uckun
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] LDAP problem
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 15:47:11 -0800

At 10:07 PM 12/29/2001 -0800, Grant Bowman wrote:
* Tim Uckun <address@hidden> [011229 21:42]:
> After I installed sf 2.6 I noticed that the slapd.conf file was missing. I
> don't know how or why this happened but it did. I did a dpkg-reconfigure
> slapd. It ran OK but it did not create a slapd.conf file.
>
> Anybody know why this would happen? Can anybody send me their slapd.conf so
> I can see what entries need to be there?

`man slapd.conf` ?

Well that's helpful

Anyways it still does not answer the following questions.

1) How come apt-get install did not create a slapd.conf and a database in /var/lib/ldap.
2) How come dpkg-reconfigure slapd did not create any of the above.
3) Were there any modifications made to slapd.conf by ldap-utils, libldap2, libnss-ldap, libpam-ldap, php4-ldap or sourceforge that would not be mentioned in the man pages if so what? 4) How does one go about actually creating the database and seeding it with the right information to get sourceforge working properly?

             Tim Uckun
      Mobile Intelligence Unit.
   "There are some who call me TIM?"