Re: [Debian-sf-devel] SF2.6-0+5 Project Approval problem

From: Christian BAYLE
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] SF2.6-0+5 Project Approval problem
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:23:32 +0100

Jeremy Gwinnup wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I did a fresh install of the 2.6+0.5 packages yesterday, which went
> pretty smoothly other than the fact that I goofed up my LDAP dc=... bit

Ah LDAP, always ldap ;-)

> So I did a search and replace to change
> dc=mbvlab
> dc=mbvlab,dc=wpafb,dc=af,dc=mil
> in the following files in /etc/sourceforge
> local.inc
> sourceforge.conf
> local.pl
>
> I also visited:
> /etc/libnss-ldap.conf
> /etc/pam-ldap.conf
> and performed the same change
>
> And then I was able to log in and add users. I tried to register a
> project and then went to approve it with the admin account and I got the
> following:
>
> Warning: LDAP: Unable to bind to server: Invalid credentials in
> /usr/lib/sourceforge/common/include/ldap.php on line 125
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: /dev/null() in
> /usr/lib/sourceforge/common/include/ldap.php on line 425
> Open transaction detected!!!
>
> Any ideas?

/etc/ldap.secret maybe?

Does /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-ldap.sh list give you a consistent
answer

Anyway you can
/usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-ldap.sh purge
/usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-ldap.sh configure
ldap is rebuild from postgress
if not enough purge/reset/configure
be carefull if you use ldap for something else than sourceforge, this is
a violent reinit.

Christian