Re: [Debian-sf-devel] RE: Project approval problem

From: Christian BAYLE
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] RE: Project approval problem
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:22:37 +0100

Hi

"William F. Seipel" wrote:

> The problems I am having occur for both installs of sourceforge that I
> have running
> at home ---> homeforge.hom (firewalled LAN in my home IP
> 192.168.1.101)
> at work ---> pdc01.nwd-mr.usace.army.mil
>
> I am getting the same results for both

Ok so it's probably nothing to do with FQDN

> during the sourceforge install there was a complaint of reverse dns
> not working?
> I figured the default settings of named.conf would be OK.

It's just a warning, because I'm not completly sure that all I did in
DNS
config is well done, and especially reverse DNS config.
If you know more about this, and if you see something not well done
I can make the necessary modifications.

> homeforge:/etc# /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-ldap.sh reset
> Stopping OpenLDAP: slapd.
> Starting OpenLDAP: slapd.
> slapadd: dn="cn=admin, ou=People, dc=homeforge,dc=hom" (line=15):
> attribute 'userPassword' not allowed
>
> homeforge:/etc#/usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-ldap.sh configure
> Modifiying /etc/ldap/slapd.conf
> # Next Second line added by sourceforge install
>     by dn="cn=SF_robot,dc=homeforge,dc=hom" write
> # Next lines added by SourceForge install
> # End of sourceforge add
> WARNING: Please check referal line in /etc/ldap/slapd.conf
> Commenting /etc/ldap/schema/core.schema
> Adding /etc/ldap/schema/core.schema
> Adding /etc/ldap/schema/cosine.schema
> Adding /etc/ldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
> Adding /etc/ldap/schema/nis.schema
> Adding /etc/ldap/schema/sourceforge.schema
> Modifying /etc/libnss-ldap.conf
> WARNING: Probabaly incorrect baseline in /ect/libnss-ldap.conf
> Modifying /etc/nsswitch.conf
> Stopping OpenLDAP: slapd.
> Starting OpenLDAP: slapd.
> Load ldap
> Distinguished Name is dc=homeforge,dc=hom
> Creating ldif file from database
> Filling LDAP with database
> Setup SF_robot account
> Adding robot accounts
> Changing SF_robot passwd using admin account
> Testing LDAP
> Changing dummy cn using SF_robot account

Everything seems to work correctly
and ldap seems to work at least for some modification operation.

> homeforge:/# ldapsearch -x -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)'
> namingContexts
> version: 2
>
> #
> # filter: (objectclass=*)
> # requesting: namingContexts
> #
>
> #
> dn:
> namingContexts: dc=homeforge,dc=hom
>
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 0 Success
>
> # numResponses: 2
> # numEntries: 1

This is ok too

> here is a copy of my slapd.conf file
>
> include /etc/ldap/schema/core.schema    #Added by Sourceforge install
> include /etc/ldap/schema/cosine.schema  #Added by Sourceforge install
> include /etc/ldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema   #Added by Sourceforge
> install
> include /etc/ldap/schema/nis.schema     #Added by Sourceforge install
> include /etc/sourceforge/sourceforge.schema     #Added by Sourceforge
> install
> # This is the main ldapd configuration file. See slapd.conf(5) for
> more
> # info on the configuration options.
>
> # Schema and objectClass definitions
> #Comment by Sourceforge install#include /etc/ldap/schema/core.schema
> #Comment by Sourceforge install#include /etc/ldap/schema/cosine.schema
> #Comment by Sourceforge install#include /etc/ldap/schema/nis.schema
> #Comment by Sourceforge install#include
> /etc/ldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
>
> # Schema check allows for forcing entries to
> # match schemas for their objectClasses's
> schemacheck     on
>
> # Where the pid file is put. The init.d script
> # will not stop the server if you change this.
> pidfile         /var/run/slapd.pid
>
> # List of arguments that were passed to the server
> argsfile        /var/run/slapd.args
>
> # Where to store the replica logs
> replogfile      /var/lib/ldap/replog
>
> # Read slapd.conf(5) for possible values
> loglevel        0
>
> #######################################################################
> # ldbm database definitions
> #######################################################################
>
> # The backend type, ldbm, is the default standard
> database        ldbm
>
> # The base of your directory
> suffix          "dc=homeforge,dc=hom"
>
> # Where the database file are physically stored
> directory       "/var/lib/ldap"
>
> # Indexing options
> index objectClass eq
>
> # Save the time that the entry gets modified
> lastmod on
>
> # The userPassword by default can be changed
> # by the entry owning it if they are authenticated.
> # Others should not be able to see it, except the
> # admin entry below
> # Next second line added by Sourceforge install
> access to attribute=userPassword
>         by dn="cn=SF_robot,dc=homeforge,dc=hom" write
>         by dn="cn=admin,dc=" write
<<<<<<---------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>
The previous line should be
          by dn="cn=admin,dc=homeforge,dc=hom" write

<<<<<<---------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>
The previous line should be
          by dn="cn=admin,dc=homeforge,dc=hom" write

>         by * read
>
> # For Netscape Roaming support, each user gets a roaming
> # profile for which they have write access to
> access to dn=".*,ou=Roaming,o=morsnet"
>         by dn="cn=admin,dc=" write
>         by dnattr=owner write
Same remark

I'm not sure this will resolve the problem
LDAP is not working very well at the moment
We have many complains about this
Maybe you can try to downgrade slapd to stable, but I'm not sure it's
possible and efficient

--
Christian Bayle
E-mail: address@hidden