Re: [Debian-sf-devel] cvsweb and viewcvs.

From: Tim Uckun
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] cvsweb and viewcvs.
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:52:02 -0700

For viewcvs, do you have it working? and if so what did you do to make
it work?

I>> cheated. I created a symlink from /usr/lib/sourceforge/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi to /usr/lib/sourceforge/cgi-bin/viewscvs.cgi

The cheating did not work. Although it displayed the initial screen it did not go further then that. I then did the following.

apt-get install viewcvs
vi /etc/viewcvs/viewcvs.conf and change the /var/cvs to /cvsroot (which is a symlink to the cvsroot in /var/lib/sourceofrge/chroot.

copy /usr/lib/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi to /usr/lib/sourceforge/cgi-bin/

That seems to work ok now. The images for the back and stuff are not linked properly though. They are in /usr/share/viewcvs/icons which I guess apache does not know about.

Another report from the field..

:wq

Tim Uckun
US Investigations Services/Due Diligence
 http://www.diligence.com/