[Debian-sf-devel] CVS and windows developers.

From: Tim Uckun
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] CVS and windows developers.
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:34:19 -0700

Here is my quandry.

i would like to make sourceforge available to all the programmers including ones that use windows. Right now pserver will only authenticate against /etc/passwd. This is fine if all you want to do is checkout the code but if you want to update the code you need to use -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot method. Of course that uses ssh.

What do windows developers do? poor guys don't have cvs, don't have ssh, all they have are visual studio.

Any hints would be appreciated. I did consider sending them a linux box but I doubt they would know what to do with it.

:wq
Tim Uckun
US Investigations Services/Due Diligence
 http://www.diligence.com/