[Debian-sf-devel] Re: [Debian-sf-users] More CVS anamalies.

From: Christian BAYLE
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: [Debian-sf-users] More CVS anamalies.
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:25:06 +0100

Tim Uckun wrote:

> Will resetting ldap erase all my data? it sounds like it. All my users and
> projects too? I guess I can kind of live with re-creating all that we are
> still using it on a limited basis I guess. I would hate to lose all my
> submitted bugs and such though. Perhaps it's time to fire up psql

Reseting ldap is not losing anything since ldap is hourly recreated from
postgres data
The worst you can have is a big headace to reconfigure ldap
When I say reset it is
/usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-ldap.sh reset
if you apt-get remove --purge ldap this will remove sourceforge and
erase the db

The problem we had with ldap is with ldap admin user
It was formaly when you were setting up a ldap
cn=admin,ou=People,dc=your,dc=domain
and is now cn=admin,dc=your,dc=domain

This make big mess in /etc/ldap/slapd.conf (access are broken and you
have invalid credential everywhere)
and /etc/libnss-ldap.conf (rootbinddn is incorrect)

I believe that resting ldap make things work now,
but it's difficult to handle all situations

CVS is partly broken in 2.6, I'm working on this.
If you are crazy tester, you can upgrade, if you are a little bit wiser
you
can wait 2.6-0+8

A safe precaution is to backup postgress db as explained by Roland
LDAP doesn't need
A file debian/BUGS contains known bugs of the CVS

We can help you on IRC, if you have problems

--
Christian Bayle
E-mail: address@hidden