[Debian-sf-devel] ldap-sourceforge conflict & i18n?

From: Soon-Son Kwon
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] ldap-sourceforge conflict & i18n?
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:38:29 +0900

Hello debian-sf developers:
Recently I have been trying to configure debian-sf(2.5.x & 2.6.x both)
to my machine(woody & sid both) but failed.

Christian said that this was due to change in slapd package.
I am not sure I understood correctly, the admin account in
the current slapd package changed but debian-sf assumes the
old way.
(cn=admin,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com / cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com)
Am I correct? This may be a stupid question of ldap newbie but I
just want to root cause & summarize the problem because a few
more people are having the same problem.
If this is true, is there any plan to change the debian-sf package
to cope with the new slapd package or should the slapd be changed?

And I personally want to devote my time to i18n-ing debian-sf
because current debian-sf(including the original sourceforge) is not
a complete multilingual software. In order to make debian-sf a truly
i18n-ed program, we should extract all the messages and incorporate
them into the base language file as phpnuke does. (http://www.phpnuke.org)
The actual architecture may be different but dividing the message
from the code is the starting point for i18n-ing.

But before doing so, I want to decide which one to focus between
2.5.x and 2.6.x.

Could anyone please let me know what is the main difference
between these two and which version will you developers focus
on for future? I want to focus on that version too.

And is there any public website which runs debian-sf?
I want to see it in action. :-)

Thanks very much....
--
           (o_             **WTFM**