Re: [Debian-sf-devel] please close some open issues...

From: Soon-Son Kwon
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] please close some open issues...
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 17:43:41 +0900

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 10:16:14AM +0200, Roland Mas wrote:
> Soon-Son Kwon (2002-05-15 16:40:02 +0900) :
>
> > Hello, on the savannah page,
> > there are some open issues that can be closed.
> >
> > For me, you can close the Bug ID 121 and 126.
>
>   Okay, done.
>
> > It seems that the current development is somewhat stalled...
>
>   Not really.  It's true I spend a little less time on Debian-SF these
> days than I used to at some point, but not much less.  The probable
> main reason you can see no activity is because the activity is not
> really visible.  I'm working on the package splitting, and since I
> know that the current state of the package (as of the local state on
> my hard disk) is almost completely broken, I'm not committing anything
> to CVS yet.  There's also some thinking to do before I can really hack
> at the code, because most of the Debconf handling (for instance) has
> to be reorganised.
>
>   We're not completely inactive, don't worry :-)

Okay. To be frank with you, I thought you stopped workin' on
debian-sf because there is no update on the CVS, mailing list,
open bug report/patches since you sent the plan to divide package.

Hope you can fix all those broken parts as soon as possible
and start merging patches. Good luck to you... :-)

> > I don't know why but these days seem to be a good time to clean up
> > these open issues & clear the webpage. :-)
>
>   Yes indeed.  That sounds like volunteering to me, doesn't it?  Would
> you like CVS read/write access?

You mean the CVS read/write access for modifying/upgrading
http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/debian-sf/?
If you grant me access to that, that would be my pleasure.
I will try my best to make it simple & easy to navigate if you like.
It may take some time for me to finish it but I'd love to.

> > http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/debian-sf/ contains the news about
> > 2.6.11 but http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/debian-sf/ not.
> >
> > Personally, the savannah project information page
> > (http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/debian-sf/) seems to be a better
> > place for uploading the latest development-related news because it
> > has builtin news publishing system.
>
>   I agree.  We should try to keep the Debian-SF Home Page small and to
> the point.
>
> > For big news like new release or security issue, how about sending it
> > to mailing list and the savannah page at the same time?
>
>   That's what we tried to do, but it's true we missed a few releases
> on the project page.
>
>   Thanks for the comments,

You're welcome...
--