[Debian-sf-devel] HTML through CVS and remove login?

From: Soon-Son Kwon
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] HTML through CVS and remove login?
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 15:59:54 +0900

Hello...

Since Rolando is working on splitting packages,
thinking of some pending issues with a different view
would not be a bad idea... :-)

Seeing the TODO.Debian file, we need to decide how to deal with
the chroot stuff which is not done yet. A patch for chroot
was submitted already but it was postponed due to a conflict with
debian policy.

But considering the need for chroot, if we do not let user login to
the server via ssh (current debian-sf supports it), we won't have to
worry about that.

Then, why the user need to login to the server?
As far as I know, it is for administrating the project homepage only.
Uploading file package can be done via web browser, proftpd can do
chroot itself. (I may be wrong...if so, please let me know.)

Hence if debian-sf provides a way to administrate the homepage via
CVS like savannah, we won't have to worry about chroot and the server
will be more secure than now.

In my opinion, if debian-sf does not have plan to provide "compile farm"
which sf.net has, we dont't have to support the login facility via ssh.

What do you think?

p.s. Please send me some screenshots for working debian-sf website
so that I can upload it to the debian-sf homepage.
--
           (o_             **WTFM**