[Debian-sf-devel] CVS, Website, Screenshots

From: Justin Richer
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] CVS, Website, Screenshots
Date: 17 May 2002 16:05:12 -0400

As for the project-webpages-in-CVS thing, I've submitted a preliminary
patch on the savannah page which will do this. It works, and we're using
it on our server right now. However, it's not nearly as clean as I,
Roland, or Christian would really like. When I have time, I'm going to
take another whack at it, and hopefully do it better this time. :)

> p.s. Please send me some screenshots for working debian-sf website
> so that I can upload it to the debian-sf homepage.

Attached are two screenshots of our production server for the US DoD's
UDAMan (User-Developed Applications Management) webiste, which is based
off of Debian-SF. I've had to scrub the project listing from the "most
active" sidebar (which I've gotten partially working, more on that
later) for security reasons. The two shots show the "UDAMan Default"
theme that most people have set up, and the "UDAMan Blue" theme that I'm
slowly working on. The blue one will eventually be our default system
theme. These themes don't stray too much from the "Forged Metal" theme,
but it's a start. Both of these screens were rendered under Mozilla, for
what it's worth.

And btw, I like the new website design. I'm not too crazy about the
splash page, though. It really should say *something* about the project,
maybe even the name. I think it would be a good idea to use "Debian
SourceForge" instead of the smiley. And the squares look too much like a
Windows logo to me :) ... Basically I'd suggest re-doing the splashpage
or getting rid of it altogether. Other than that, though, the site is
looking good.

 -- Justin Richer