Re: [Debian-sf-devel] difference between 2.5 & 2.6?

From: Roland Mas
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] difference between 2.5 & 2.6?
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:42:20 +0200

Soon-Son Kwon (2002-06-05 10:39:54 +0900) :

> What is the difference between 2.5.x and 2.6.x?

- Tracker integration: bugs, patches, support requests, feature
requests are now managed with the same table, and you can add more
trackers at will.

- Better search capabilities (including in forums).

- Better themability and themes (and it's easy to make your own).

- Better Customisation (you can locally override the Base.tab and/or
  other <language>.tab files).

- Better internationalisation (although it seems you're doing it for
  2.5 too).

- (Theoretically) Per-project MySQL databases, for the project
  websites.

- (Theoretically) Per-project Virtual Hosts.

  I may have forgotten something.  Please add anything else :-)

> And I would like to work on i18n for 2.5.x if it is okay...
>
> I know it is stable version and no more patches would be merged
> except bug but the i18n patch does not affect the basic
> functionality & 2.5.x has too many hardcoded messages.

  Try to keep it to only i18n, please.  Otherwise, it's okay by me.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Late frost burns the bloom / Would a fool not let the belt / Restrain the body?
  -- in Good Omens (Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman)