Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Introduction

From: Roland Mas
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Introduction
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 18:52:59 +0200

James Michael DuPont (2002-06-17 05:07:44 -0700) :

> It is very difficult to automate the interfaces into sourceforge and
> savannah. On things that I hope to get out of the coopx project is
> to be able to exchange data with sourceforge and savannah for
> project maintaince.

  That's the main goal of Coopx, I think.

> I would like to be able to import my sourceforge project into
> savannah from the sourceforge xml dumps, also the bug statuss from
> my automatic testing scripts. A perl interface to the entire
> sourceforge/savannah project would be great.

  Depends what you'd want it to do, but I guess it can't hurt.  On an
implementation point, though, writing it in PHP might be simpler,
since you could cut and paste from the already written scripts.

> Also the usage of SOAP/XML-RPC over Jabber/SMTP as described in
> JABBer in the middleware :
> http://dizzyd.manilasites.com/discuss/msgReader$15

  I tend to prefer CORBA over XML-based protocols, but it's probably a
question of personal preference.  Besides, it seems I won't be
involved in implementing things so I have no call there.

> To start with this, I have cvsed and build debian-sf under debian
> sid.

  Cool.  If you encounter problems, please do tell us.

> I am in the middle of installing and preparing my system.  The first
> thing I would like to do is import my project from sourceforge. Any
> suggestions on where to start?

  You can import your CVS tree, that's step 1.  Just grab your tarball
and extract it in your appropriate /var/lib/sourceforge/chroot/cvsroot
directory.

  As for your bugs, support requests, patches, mailing-lists and other
stuff, I really don't know.  That's the point of Coopx, and Coopx is
still a proposal rather than a software, so I'm afraid I can't help
much there.  Sorry.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

[...] Des fois, y'a des trous. -- (Ptiluc)
  -- Signatures à collectionner, série n°2, partie 3/3.