[Debian-sf-devel] Re: [Debian-sf-users] Our LDAP bug -- fixed?

From: Blake Girardot
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: [Debian-sf-users] Our LDAP bug -- fixed?
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:21:13 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roland Mas" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2002 2:14 PM
Subject: [Debian-sf-users] Our LDAP bug -- fixed?

> Roland Mas (2002-07-24 18:36:34 +0200) :
>
> [...]
>   I'd appreciate testing and reporting, of course.  If it still
> doesn't work, do not hesitate to mention it.
>
> Roland.

i am testing it now roland, and thanking you for working on this package!
i reported once before but dont think i made it very clear what i was
talking about, maybe i do better this time :)

i am not a debian person, very not a debian person, so i have little idea
how things are supposed to work, but i work from the how to build directions
(http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/debian-sf/how_to_build.html)

this command: apt-get build-dep sourceforge

seems like it should get all the tools i need to build the debian
sourceforge package, but it does not.

specifically the next command: debuild is in the debian devscripts package
which must be installed on a clean woody 3.0 install.

should not 'apt-get build-dep sourceforge' also get and install devscripts
if its required to build the package ?

i think some packing list someplace doesn't specify that devscripts is
required to build the package, but it is. or i probably just have no idea
how things are supposed to work is just as likely.

i am using woody 3.0 r0 (the release version of 3.0) and the cvs sources
for -r Branch_2_5 sourceforge.

thank you again, and i should be to the testing of the installation itself
soon!

cheers
blake