[Debian-sf-devel] [ 101223 ] Hang when Activating a new Project

From: nobody
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] [ 101223 ] Hang when Activating a new Project
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:33:29 -0400

Support Request #101223, was updated on 2002-Aug-25 07:32
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=101223&group_id=259

Category: None

By: girardot
Date: 2002-Aug-25 17:33
Logged In: YES
user_id=4451
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)

You don't say what debugging told you, nor can i tell what
version of debain-sf you might be using.

The reference in your post seems to be a compiling problem
with php, but you you obviously have php compiled on your
box right ? I mean php runs and is compiled, the problem is
really something to do with your connection to the ldap
server ?

What did _your_ debugging output? Please put in any actual
error messages you can find, that is the only way to tell
what the problem is.

Unless i am miss understanding something about that link
you posted, it seems totally irrelevent to your issue here.

Can anything connect to your ldap sever?

Make sure whatver router or NAT box you have is allowing
ldap to pass. Approving projects connects to the ldap
server via name.

Use the ldapsearch program to see if you can talk to your
ldap server at all:
/usr/bin/ldapsearch -v -v -h localhost 'objectClass=*'
ldapsearch -v -v -h sourceforge.yourhost.com 'objectClass=*'

what do those say? cannot bind or
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such attribute ?

you should get an error of some sort, if it is cannot bind
to server in the one with your host name then you are
probably not passing ldap to your sf box.

And consider searching the mailing list archives for ldap
problems, its been discussed at lenght. you should really
vet this out as a configuration issue on the help list
before you assume its a bug. please post your problem again
specifically and the results of your testing to the mailing
list and not here.

By: leif