Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Stats patch final push

From: Roland Mas
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Stats patch final push
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 13:38:58 +0100

Lamoureux, Robert (2002-10-31 20:57:28 -0500) :

> As many of you know, I have published the statistics patch (several
> times!)  I am a long time developer but this is my first active Open
> Source involvement as a publisher.

Welcome :-)

> The cronolog dependency that I introduced into my stats patch
> doesn't seem to load properly when the patched system is built.  I
> have a feeling it is because I didn't include any postinst, preinst,
> postrm, etc files.

  In fact, you added a new package, sourceforge-cronolog, which was
not needed, and you left it empty.  What was needed was just a
dependency on cronolog for the sourceforge-web-apache package.

> Can anyone help get this patch over the final hurdle?  What are the
> steps necessary to introduce a new dependency (control file, install
> files, etc)

  I applied your patch after fixing the control file.  I suggest you
have a look at the relevant change[1], which is rather simpler than
what your patch suggested.  If there's anything still left in the dark
for you, please ask, and I'll do my best to enlighten you.  Otherwise,
I'll direct any complaints about the stats system to you :-)

Roland.

[1]
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/debian-sf/sourceforge/debian/control.diff?r1=1.29&r2=1.30&diff_format=h
--
Roland Mas

Fate always wins...  At least, when people stick to the rules.
  -- in Interesting Times (Terry Pratchett)