[Debian-sf-devel] [Bug #1666] error on delete trove cat

From: nobody
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] [Bug #1666] error on delete trove cat
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:40:20 -0500

=================== BUG #1666: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=1666&group_id=259

Changes by: Bob Lamoureux <address@hidden>
Date: 2002-Nov-11 15:40 (GMT)

Yes..we are cleaning up the recent functionality with a couple of small patches

=================== BUG #1666: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: paddington                Project: Sourceforge for Debian
Submitted on: 2002-Nov-09 12:34
Category:  None                         Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                        Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None                      Status:  Open

Original Submission:  when trying to delete a leaf node in trove cat i get
following error:

Error In Trove Operation

ERROR: trove_treesums_cat_id_fk referential integrity
violation - key in trove_cat still referenced from
trove_treesums

using CVS 2.6-0+13+ 7.Nov

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: 2002-Nov-11 15:40             By: blamoureux
Yes..we are cleaning up the recent functionality with a couple of small patches

Date: 2002-Nov-10 00:23             By: paddington

this happens in "Site Admin Home -> Display Trove Map->[edit]->delete"
implemented recently.

i hope you havent started implementing "delete" again :)

or do you mean you are working on a patch correcting this problem ?

Date: 2002-Nov-09 23:19             By: blamoureux
Ar eyou trying to do this from psql?  It wont work from psql without deleting
(or modifying) the trove_treesums table as well.  There is a referential
integrity check on the table that checks to make sure you don't delete
categories that are assigned to projects.  Doing so causes quite a problem so
that is why the referential check is there.

We are working on some PHP files that will allow for a [Del] (delete) function
for admins when editing a trove category.  We should have a patch for 2.6-13+
in a few days.

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link: