Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Yet another CVS branch (Gforge), and a new version

From: girardot
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Yet another CVS branch (Gforge), and a new version
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 01:11:35 -0500

>   First, you may have heard of Gforge, another fork of Sourceforge led
> by Tim Perdue.  He released his version 3.0 recently, and he focuses
> on removing the various ugly hacks that are in the Sourceforge code.
> We seem to have managed to convince him that working together would be
> better than competing, and so he joined us.

This is FANTASTIC news!

Any user of SF owes a great thank you to Tim Perdue I think, he is basically
the father of SF.

And the work done by Roland Mas and Christian Bayle on debian-sf on the
inherited sf code and debian port is just as huge a contribution to the open
source community, thank you both for all the great work.

Great news, congrats to all three of you on your past work and future
collaboration.

Cheers,
Blake