[Debian-sf-devel] Re: Public relations and journalists, again

From: Steve Mallett
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: Public relations and journalists, again
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 17:26:30 -0400

On Friday, December 6, 2002, at 04:30  PM, Rick Moen wrote:

Roland, since I don't (yet) have a subscription to LWN (I know, I
know!), I haven't seen what they wrote.  I _do_ know what I sent in to
LWN's letters column, and I did pretty clearly state (I think) that
Debian-SF and GForge are aiming towards merger.  I _didn't_ in any way
claim GForge is the only Free clone, and I _did_ attempt to list (but
not denigrate) the numerous forks that people have worked so hard to
keep moving forward.

I was of course trying to be brief (this being a letters column, not an
article), and summarise information from diverse sources before LWN's
then-pending publication deadline, in a hurry.  I _hope_ my comments
were generally inaccurate, and tried to ensure that.  If I've
inadvertantly given offence nonetheless, my apologies, as I was trying
carefully to avoid giving any.

I'm actually just finishing up an interview with Tim & explicity asked him to elaborate on how debian-sf has helped since you brought it to my attention, Roland.

Again, I don't feel my writing was inaccurate even though I wasn't cheerleading for debian-sf, but for Tim in these pieces.

Hi Rick & address@hidden  Here's what I was writing:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/2363 (link within a bit more stuff on OSDir.com that I wrote about it) & a teazer of the interview to come: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/2392

Tata,

Steve Mallett