Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: Public relations and journalists, again

From: Roland Mas
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: Public relations and journalists, again
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 15:52:37 +0100

Rick Moen (2002-12-06 12:30:57 -0800) :

[...]

> I was of course trying to be brief (this being a letters column, not
> an article), and summarise information from diverse sources before
> LWN's then-pending publication deadline, in a hurry.  I _hope_ my
> comments were generally inaccurate, and tried to ensure that.  If
> I've inadvertantly given offence nonetheless, my apologies, as I was
> trying carefully to avoid giving any.

Steve Mallett (2002-12-06 17:26:30 -0400) :

[...]

> I'm actually just finishing up an interview with Tim & explicity
> asked him to elaborate on how debian-sf has helped since you brought
> it to my attention, Roland.
>
> Again, I don't feel my writing was inaccurate even though I wasn't
> cheerleading for debian-sf, but for Tim in these pieces.

Dear Rick and Steve,

I've thought again about all this, cooled down, and so on.  In
retrospect, I acknowledge that you were just trying to do your
information job.  We could discuss forever whether what you actually
wrote was the exact and complete truth, but that would probably
consist of much nitpicking and playing on words.  What's done is done,
let's get it over with.  I bear no grudge, and all that.

  I'm pleased that my rants have at least had the effect of raising
the awareness about Debian-SF among people who have some power to help
it raise in others.  Keep it up guys :-)

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Plus on en fout, plus y'en a du riz.