Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Command Line Interface

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Command Line Interface
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 14:37:58 -0800 (PST)

--- Tim Perdue <address@hidden> wrote:
> I just wondered if anyone knows anything about whipping up a CLI to
> GF,
> and if they have time to do it.

As I mentioned to you in the chat,
I have taken over the WIDE-CLI. It handles a good chunk of that,
if you want to test, or move in over to useing xmlrpc/soap, we can do
this, on top of the existing LWP/SSL connection.

http://coopx.eu.org/pipermail/coopx/2002-October/000263.html
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/debian-sf-devel/2002-October/000363.html
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/debian-sf-devel/2002-October/000361.html

> I want something kind of like cvs, where you issue a command to
> login,
> and then you are in business permanently.
>
> gforge address@hidden login
> gforge address@hidden submit-patch project-foo -m "my description" <
> mypatch.diff
> gforge address@hidden close-bug 453456 -m "my description"
> gforge address@hidden release-file project-foo -m "my description"
> myfile.tar.gz
>
> That kind of stuff.
>
> I am currently rewriting the File Release System in OO to support
> this.

that is good, the most important part. Please publish an OO model maybe
as a DIA diagram or a C#/C++/Java class model so that we can generate
some code out of it.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont