Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Task Manager Rewrite

From: Tim Perdue
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Task Manager Rewrite
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:10:39 -0600

Roland Mas wrote:
Speaking of which, I'd like to add a requirement to them: that all PHP
files have the following lines somewhere at the end of them.  This
will make sure all us Emacs users have the appropriate indentation
style and Emacs mode (especially for .class files, which Emacs tends
to not see as PHP files).

// Local Variables:
// mode: php
// c-file-style: "bsd"
// End:

Four lines in every file just for emacs?

-Easily spawn tasks from tracker items
        (if a bug is submitted, you should be able to easily spin that
into task manager, same for patches)

  That's not exactly the way I thought of it.  Bugs/patches/tracker
items and tasks are independent of each other, in my mind.  Again,
please make that behaviour disablable.

I think it's just a button or checkbox in the tracker, like "add a task for this bug". So it's optional.

-when a constraining task is delayed, you must recursively
        push back other tasks where necessary

  Um.  Depends what you use for the end dates.  If they record
deadlines set by management, for instance, you can't just push them
back as easily.

That's how visio and ms project seem to handle it. I guess they assume that mgmt are the ones doing the modifications, so if they push back a date, you always see the dependent tasks moved back on the gantt chart as well.

Tim