Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Command Line Interface

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Command Line Interface
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 07:07:24 -0800 (PST)

http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/debian-sf-devel/2002-October/000359.html

http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/debian-sf-devel/2002-October/000361.html

http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/debian-sf-devel/2002-October/000364.html

> > It uses LWP and sets up the cookies and all that.
> > It works all the way up the file release system on the standard sf,
> > if you want to help with the cli, please provide me a test server
> so
> > that I can try it out on the gforge or debian-sf
>
> I think you should talk to Robert Lamoureux, as he is interested in
> building a CLI based on SOAP interaction. Perhaps you can split up
> the
> duties, one could work on the server SOAP piece, and the other on the
>
> client.
>
> If your existing system is posting to the existing HTML forms and
> such
> on SF.net, I don't think that is what I'm interested in. That's too
> brittle, and SF.net compatibility is not a goal of mine.

I keep one telling this over and over,
1. If we have a connection to the server, if we have all the LWP stuff
handled, the SOAP is just the content. I have experimented with
Frontier XMLRPC and soap, it can be used to encode the data between the
client and the server.
2. The existing pages that use html we have can converted to just spit
out the data in soap/xml-rpc then we just remove the html parser.
the entire application does not really change.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/