[Debian-sf-devel] Re: [Debian-sf-users] Upgrading from debian sf 2.5 to

From: Christian BAYLE
Subject: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: [Debian-sf-users] Upgrading from debian sf 2.5 to gforge 3.0?
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 14:06:21 +0100

Alex Cozzi a écrit:

Hi Christian,
thank you for your tips. I managed to install the gforge package. For some
reasons I had to tweak /usr/lib/gforge/bin/install-ldap.sh,
in particular I had to change
eval "ldapmodify -r -c -D 'cn=admin,$ldap_suffix' -x -w'$ldap_passwd' -f
$tmpldif $DEVNULL12"
eval "ldapmodify -r -c -D 'cn=admin,ou=People,$ldap_suffix' -x
-w'$ldap_passwd' -f $tmpldif $DEVNULL12"
and same thing for
   eval "ldapmodify -v -c -D 'cn=admin,$ldap_suffix' -x -w'$ldap_passwd'
$DEVNULL12" <<-FIN
and
get_our_entries | eval "ldapdelete -D 'cn=admin,$ldap_suffix' -x
-w'$ldap_passwd' -c $DEVNULL12" || true

I do not know what is different of my installation from most other
installations, but if i do not change that I get
"invalid credential" and the package gforge-ldap-openldap fails the
configuration step.
You probably had an old version of ldap that kept the old config for ldap write rules in /etc/ldap/slapd.conf
I suggest to reset the ldap db if you use it for SF only.
install-ldap.sh reset/configure do this for you
The config with extra ou=People can have some problem later with delete operation, though this probably only occurs at uninstall I think the best would be that we propose to do this reset at setup and provide a clean and working automatic config, because the ldap default config is a huge source of problem for too many people.

Another question: Now I have gforge up and running, and I created a new
login for me. But I can not create a new project, unless I login as
"admin".
Is there something I have to enable to allow normal users to create new
projects?

Happy New Year!
Alex