Re: [Debian-sf-devel] NonF*ree software and Debian SF

From: Tim Perdue
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] NonF*ree software and Debian SF
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 12:51:51 -0600

James Michael DuPont wrote:
Dear Tim,

I have been looking at your offer for non-free reporting tools for the
GPLed gforge code at : http://perdue.net/reporting/

You may have to reconsider what linking to GPL code, and what making
derived works from GPLEd mean. It looks like your statistics software
for savannah is in some way dependant on GPled code.

I have no links to GPL code so I don't know what your issue is.

The entire idea of putting databases, xml, apis and plugins to try and
isolate yourself from GPLing a derived works may not work at all.
Make sure you talk to a laywer, IANAL BTW.

The personal data in a person's database is NOT GPLd and I'm perfectly willing to see to that in a courtroom.

Tim