demo-schools-discuss

[DS-discuss]Re: Helping Children Orphanage In Chennai

From: Suraj Kumar
Subject: [DS-discuss]Re: Helping Children Orphanage In Chennai
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:09:07 +0530

hi Sanjeev,

Sanjeev Singh writes:

 > Can you give me details about the address@hidden program ? We are currently
 > supporting a children's orphanage in Chennai. In year 2004 we want to invest
 > in a computer lab for the children.  There are around 130 children.
 > Personally i think linux gnu is a good choice for this setup. Would you/or
 > other people be intrested in helping in this effort ?
 >
 > The details are
 > CHILDRENS HOME OF HOPE
 > NO#1 SITA NAGAR THIRD CROSS
 > NUNGAMBAKKAM
 > CHENNAI-600034
 > CONTACT PERSON: NIMMI THAMPI
 > Phone Number: 9841037544
 >
 > if you can visit them it would be great. you can give reference that you
 > were requested by "Home of Hope CA USA". "Shanti Mathan" is the project
 > coordinator and I am one of the board members.
 >
 > thanks
 > sanjeev

Thats  very  nice and  I  think  this indeed  is  along  the lines  of
address@hidden' interest. We would definitely be glad to help you out in
this cause.

As a  first step we would  have to visit the  orphanage, interact with
the children  and start giving them introductory  classes to computers
in general.

"more" from all of us soon... :)

thanks,

  -Suraj
--
| All living creatures are lulled to sleep by the wakeful          |