demo-schools-discuss

[DS-discuss]None

From: Rahul Sundaram
Subject: [DS-discuss]None
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 12:38:24 +0100 (BST)

hi

ok raman. if we register a/c's and stuff under fsf
quitting out may not be an option. i do not know the
legal implications. i look upon address@hidden as a
volunteer organisation. fsf cannot at any point imply
something we dont want. if we quit address@hidden stalls
right there regardless of whether fsf holds a a/c or
not.what exactly are your concerns. what do you think
that the fsf would want us to do that we dont agree
ourselves.

ok. let me take an example. I understand the fsf's
ideals regarding swantira software but there a few
points that i  dont agree with.

*  usage of lgpl
* use of term free software
* use of the term gnu/linux

would i get banned by the group for this?.can fsf
force the team to do things it doesnt want to do?

another concern is funding and support. i am looking
for a job where i can work for swantira software. if
fsf does fund me i would be doing this fulltime.(no
kidding).would address@hidden stand self sufficient
without fsf?

regards
rahul sundaram