demo-schools-discuss

Re: [DS-discuss]long time no demo?

From: Arun M
Subject: Re: [DS-discuss]long time no demo?
Date: 28 May 2003 10:45:02 +0530

Come on Raman, you are becoming too skeptical here.

FYI, FSF India is doing quite a good amount of work here in
Kerala, We  are reaching to schools across the state.
Bringing GNU/Linux to schools...

> now. We don't have enough people to followup. Just
> imagine, after committing ourselve to some schools and
> fsf bans us? This is what holds me going any further.

Hey no one is going to ban you. how can any one ?

> I have already an informal contact with vivekananda
> and few other schools in our area. I am not keen on
> persuing because of this factor. FSF is never known to
> attract people and never retained most who were with
> it.

sorry its your mistaken concept. What we do is not just what you see in
the list.

> Let us accept, we are not able to attract people. We
> have not made any significant progress. No one has
> turned to linux because of our preachings so far. That
> means we need to work more and attract more people.

Yes, we need to attract people. I dont see why this is incompatible
with FSF.

BTW, I feel that Kerala is going to become the state with
maximum GNU/Linux literacy. And no one cant deny the role FSF India
played there. Again we are achieving this by attracting people.

regards,
arun.