demo-schools-discuss

Re: [DS-discuss]long time no demo?

From: Ramesh Pallikara
Subject: Re: [DS-discuss]long time no demo?
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 12:47:48 +0530

please see below

Once upon a time not very long ago, Raman.P wrote:

--- Suraj Kumar <address@hidden> wrote:
It was  NOT given by
FSF and it was only
me who typed it out. Since we are a part of FSF and
since we should be
following the manifesto I wrote in it saying that we should call the
OS as GNU/Linux instead of Linux.

Well exactly this is what I object to 'SHOULD BE
FOLLOWING MANIFESTO'. This is what I don't like, we
just propagate software freedom, not necessarily fsf
manifesto.
I dont understand the relationship between FSF banning us and the
volunteer  strength.   Would people  suddenly  quit
address@hidden  just
because FSF banned us?

If we don't follow manifesto of FSF as you stated
above what will they do?

again I fail to understand the relationship between
having good number
of volunteers and being with the FSF.

After all we derive our volunteer force mainly from
chennailug, where as you know majority do not
subscribe to fsf views. That's why I say fsf doesn't

the majority at chennailug do not subscribe to views on "free software" in the fist place, leave alone "fsf". i personally dont think being associated with fsf hardly makes a difference.

just a thought, raman

- ramesh pallikara

--
QOTD:

 Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.

 Then you will be a mile away from him, and you will have his shoes.