demo-schools-discuss

[DS-discuss]Re: [OT] Viduthalai?

From: Rahul Sundaram
Subject: [DS-discuss]Re: [OT] Viduthalai?
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 16:49:07 +0100 (BST)

hi

again free s.w remains a confusing term and is the
reason why the *term* open source became famous. dont
look upon open source as something u should avoid.
anyway i was talking about the concept i was talking
about the term open source. freedom software remains a
better term than free software and there is no reason
for fsf not to use it in favor of free software.trying
vernacular alternatives doesnt overcom the problem for
those who speak english. in the IT industry even in
india nobody will talk about viduthalai or
swantiram.you call the people those who think that
free means gratis while using the confusing term as
ignorant people?

well let me state this. those ignorant people
represent the comman mass and if we dont appeal to
them we will be a niche community.coming out with
better terms and policies is *important-* part of this
freedom we are trying to develop.

give me just one reason not to use the term freedom
software.

regards
rahul sundaram

       visit http://in.tv.yahoo.com