demo-schools-discuss

[DS-discuss] Talk/demo at Seva Sadan Tambaram.

From: Raman.P
Subject: [DS-discuss] Talk/demo at Seva Sadan Tambaram.
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 05:38:10 +0100 (BST)

On Thursday (24.7.03) evening, the seva sadan school
authorities called us to make the presentation on
25.7.03 itself in view some of their problems. Since
the call was received too late and I was out of cyber
world I could not communicate to you all.

  I along with Bhaskar went to school at about 2.45pm.
We took bhaskar' s system and knoppix for demo. After
a small introduction from bhasker [old student of this
school], I talked about software freedom, its
necessity and benefits. There were about 30 students
of +1 and +2. We demonstarted web, openoffice, gimp
and Dr.geo etc  with the knoppix cd.

  Few students started asking questioning about
availability of softwares like photopshop, powerpoint
etc. One wanted to know if we can browse etc. We did
answer them convincingly.

  Few students evinced interest in installing the
software in their home and school.  We gave one
knoppix cd to the school. Other students were asked to
contact bhaskar [he resides very near the school] with
blank cd.

  On the whole I feel it is worth taking one day leave
from my office for this small but fruitful meet.

  Sorry, In view of the short time available I could
not keep you all informed earlier.

Raman.P

Send free SMS using the Yahoo! Messenger. Go to
http://in.mobile.yahoo.com/new/pc/