demo-schools-discuss

Re: [DS-discuss] A nice guide to Debian GNU/Linux

From: Rahul Sundaram
Subject: Re: [DS-discuss] A nice guide to Debian GNU/Linux
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:58:30 +0100 (BST)

hi

the book is very well organised but inclines slightly
towards political issues and traditional
contraversies( ex: hurd vs linux kernel: micro vs
traditional)

demo @schools couldnt definitely use the stuff bcoz it
is licensed under gpl

i thought  that gnu fdl is more appropriate for docs
rather than gpl. i dont know the intracacies thou

thanks
regards
rahul sundaram

--- Vimal Joseph <address@hidden> wrote: > On Tue,
Aug 26, 2003 at 06:08:20PM +0100, Rahul
> Sundaram wrote:
> >>hi
> >>
> >>i hope i am not starting a flame war here.
> shouldnt
> >>linux be mentioned also in the body?
>
> Friend, I just quote the title of that book...
>
> How is that book? It is under GPL. So address@hidden
> can make use of it

> Vimal
> --
>   GNUGNUGNUG  NUGNUG  NU GNU     GNU
>   UGN               UGN UGN UG NUG     NUG         For A
>   GNU  GNUGNU GNU  GN UG NUG     NUG  Brave GNU World
>   NUG   NUG NUG   NUGN UGN     UGN      www.gnu.org
>   UGNUGNUGN U GNU   GNUG NUGNUGNUGNU

Yahoo! India Promos: Win TVs, Bikes, DVD players & more!
Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com