Re: [Dragora-users] License Question

From: Matias Fonzo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] License Question
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 17:42:59 -0300

Hello John U.,
El 2020-07-09 12:49, John U escribió:
Hello, I'm working on my own fork of Dragora using glibc instead of musl,

Wow, sounds good!. Please let us know more about your fork, where it lives, etc. to see if we can help you as I also know there are some people interested in making Dragora support other C libraries.

however when most of the bootstrap files are listed as Apache 2, however the bootstrap script has GPLv3 listed on the version function however at
the top of the file it's listed as Apache 2. Was wondering if you could
clarify this for me.

That's correct about the Apache License and the GPLv3 License.

The criteria is that we are following the recommendation from GNU for licenses when the code is small (around 300~, see "Small Programs" under[1]); the rest (when is not less) applies to the GPLv3 for the code in Dragora.

[1] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-recommendations.html