eev

Re: Examples in EEV

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: Examples in EEV
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 02:42:22 -0300

On Tue, 9 Aug 2022 at 15:56, Quiliro Ordóñez <quiliro@riseup.net> wrote:
(...)

 Hi Quiliro!

> It works correctly.  Why not have the remote solution active by default
> when eev-mode is t and it is not your machine?

Good idea! I've added a simpler version of that to eev:
https://github.com/edrx/eev/commit/b85ad0040da399f283a78070cd46f31c95d66e95

> - Why does the shell has to be killed and openned again?

It doesn't have to! When I want a new shell I run the three red star
lines with three f8s, and when I want the old shell I only run the
last red star line. See the section 2 here:

  http://angg.twu.net/eepitch.html

> - How I can make super user commands work? (It should ask for the
> root password.)

Try this:

• (eepitch-shell)
• (eepitch-kill)
• (eepitch-shell)
sudo whoami

It will probably ask you for a password in the echo area, as explained
here:

  (find-node "(emacs)Passwords")

There are ways to configure sudo to allow certain users to run sudo
without a password, but the way that I use for that is tricky to set
up.

> I got lost in so many links.  But I see this link as useful:
> ;;      (find-eev-quick-intro "6.3. Creating eepitch blocks: `M-T'")
> Was that what you intended to show me?

Not really - but you discovered something that you didn't know that is
more basic and far more important than what I intended to show... =)
So try this again later:

  (find-eepitch-bullet-links)

Cheers,
  E. =)