eev

Re: Examples in EEV

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: Examples in EEV
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 00:45:50 +0000

Hi Eduardo.  :-)

>> It works correctly.  Why not have the remote solution active by
> default
>> when eev-mode is t and it is not your machine?
>
> Good idea! I've added a simpler version of that to eev:
> https://github.com/edrx/eev/commit/b85ad0040da399f283a78070cd46f31c95d66e95

Nice.

>> - Why does the shell has to be killed and openned again?
>
> It doesn't have to! When I want a new shell I run the three red star
> lines with three f8s, and when I want the old shell I only run the
> last red star line. See the section 2 here:
>
>   http://angg.twu.net/eepitch.html

What I mean is that it takes 3 commands to open a shell in eev:
0. open shell
1. close shell
2. open shell again
Why?

>> - How I can make super user commands work? (It should ask for the
>> root password.)
>
> Try this:
>
> • (eepitch-shell)
> • (eepitch-kill)
> • (eepitch-shell)
> sudo whoami

I replaced:
sudo whoami
with:
su -

> It will probably ask you for a password in the echo area, as explained
> here:
>
>   (find-node "(emacs)Passwords")

My modification also asked for the password.

> There are ways to configure sudo to allow certain users to run sudo
> without a password, but the way that I use for that is tricky to set
> up.

That is a security risk which I would rather not have.

>> I got lost in so many links.  But I see this link as useful:
>> ;;      (find-eev-quick-intro "6.3. Creating eepitch blocks: `M-T'")
>> Was that what you intended to show me?
>
> Not really - but you discovered something that you didn't know that is
> more basic and far more important than what I intended to show... =)
> So try this again later:
>
>   (find-eepitch-bullet-links)

Modify the bullets?  Why?  I don't need it.