eev

Re: hyperbole

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: hyperbole
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 19:47:00 -0300

On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 at 16:39, Quiliro Ordóñez <quiliro@riseup.net> wrote:

> El 2022-10-19 07:47, Eduardo Ochs escribió:
> > On Wed, 19 Oct 2022 at 05:58, Quiliro Ordóñez <quiliro@riseup.net> wrote:
> >> What are the similarities and diferences between the pocily of Hyperbole
> >> and that of eev?  Do you think that they could be complementary?
> >
> > Hi Quiliro,
> > see this,
> >   http://angg.twu.net/hyperbole.html
> > especially the part for 2022...
> >   [[]], E.
>
> From your link, I see that basically: Hyperbole is oriented to make the
> code invisible to the user and EEV is designed to show the source code.
> I can also reach the conclusion that they could work side-by-side.  But
> that they serve objectives that are not really for the same audience.

By the way, there is at least one person in the universe who knows how
to use both Hyperbole and eev: Jean Louis. Look at this thread:

  http://angg.twu.net/e/org.e.html#sexps-as-backends

The world needs more people like that, and I would love to help them -
if that doesn't imply that I would have to spend days trying to
decypher the parts of code of Hyperbole that are horribly complex.

One of the effects of my burn-out with Hyperbole is that now every
time that I touch it I remember RSW's evasive answers for my technical
questions and him repeating that "Hyperbole keeps things simple".
So it's hard for me to use Hyperbole without getting angry.

  [[]] =/,
    Eduardo