eliot-general

Re: [Eliot-general] Eliot in Catalan

From: Joan Montané
Subject: Re: [Eliot-general] Eliot in Catalan
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 21:36:50 +0100

El 23 de gener de 2012 21:09, Olivier Teuliere <address@hidden> ha escrit:
Hello Josep,

Le 22 janv. 2012 15:39, "Josep M. Mainat" <address@hidden> a écrit :
> Can you provide us some help to upgrade Elior to be a Catalan multi
> game player? We have some budget if necessary.

For the amount of letters, it is already possible, you just need to
create a new dictionary to suit your needs (you can use the
"Dictionary Creation Wizard" for that). However, other changes will
probably require some coding. For example, the board layout is
currently hard-coded (see game/board.cpp, lines 45 to 86), but it
shouldn't be too hard to make it customizable (loaded from a file, for
example).

What else would you need to change in Eliot to be able to play these games?

Best regards,
--
Olivier

Hi all,

I'm very happy to meet other Catalan players at this list!!!!

Josep M., are we played together days ago at Angry Words (Apalabrados) ?

About customize board distribution, as Olivier said, currently it's hardcoded. A customized boards dialog could be encoded. Test Quackle as a sample, :)

About tiles distribuition. You can define a custom tiles distributin, using compdic (as Catalan language uses digraph, the graphical wizard is not the best solution). Please, take in account that Angry Words (Apalabrados) will change Q to QU, so the only difference with standard Scrabble distribuiton will be the account and value of each tile.

Best regards

Joan Montané